Study in Canada through Study Direct Stream (SDS) Program which streamlines the process for students from the Philippines, Vietnam, China & India..
What is Study Direct Stream (SDS) Program
The Study Direct Stream (SDS) Program is a program that will speed up the processing time for full-time students (coming from the counties listed above) attending universities and colleges in Canada. The SDS Program is supported by Scotiabank, a leading Canadian financial institution. Scotiabank will provide eligible students with the opportunity to purchase a Guaranteed Investment Certificate (GIC), which will satisfy the financial statement requirements of the SDS program.
Advantages of applying under SDS
The major advantages of applying under SDS are:
Streamlinedvisa process for all SDS eligible institutions.
- Less financial documentation.
- Faster visa processing time.
SDS Program Requirements:
Students applying for a program under SDS must meet the following eligibility criteria:
- Admission to a full-time program in a publicly-funded post-secondary institution such as universities, colleges, vocational institutes or CÉGEP;
- An IELTS score with a minimum band of 6 for each ability (Listening, Reading, Writing and Speaking) taken within
- Purchase of a special Guaranteed Investment Certificate (GIC) from Scotiabank with a face value of CAD$10,000 to cover living expenses for the first year of stay in Canada;
- Proof of payment of the tuition fee for one (1) year; AND
- Upfront medical examination at least one week before
submissionof the application.
What is the advantage of studying in Canada
- World class educational institutions
- Low cost of living
- Safe and healthy environment for students
- Work while studying
- Spouse can work full-time while you study
- Dependent Children can attend school for free while you study
- Eligible for Post Graduate Work Permit (PGWP)
- Opportunity to Apply for Permanent Resident in Canada